Wednesday, October 20, 2010

No Longer a Blog Virgin!

Where to begin! Well first things first, I'm no longer a blog virgin! Yay! This will be my first official post! I created this blog back in August but haven't done much with it since then. Recently, I was told by an especially important person in my life that I should find a hobby, not like the Bethenny/Jill "hobby situation" (if you watch Real Housewives of NY you'll understand this reference). Basically a hobby to help me bring myself out of the rut that I felt I was in. I was really hoping to learn how to knit (kind of old school I know) but I've always wanted to learn. I'd love to be able to make myself fun scarves and cute hats, etc. I'm sure I could still learn but blogging is a much more convenient hobby for the time being!

I'm also hoping that through this blog I can force to myself to be more accountable for my diet choices and exercising. I'm going to try and post each day if and/or how I exercised and what I've eaten, of course sharing any new and fun recipes!! Plus, we are upon the wonderful fall season (my fav) and I LOVE PUMPKIN!  I've already made my favorite fall dish, Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup! yum yum yum! It's Kris' favorite meal that I make. Well I don't make many but I know its good when Kris goes back for seconds! I can't wait to try out new pumpkin recipes seeing as I cleaned Jewel out of pumpkin! No shortage of pumpkin! NOT UP IN HERE! (hangover reference) Sorry I must mention, as some of you already know, that I have a movie quoting problem! Apologies in advance or not if you enjoy!

Ok so back to the accountability stuff. So hopefully that works out. I would really love to rid myself of eating ice cream, chips, cookies, sweets, really junk food altogether. I mean I'm not a junk food junkie but I would like to rid myself of all of it. BUT I won't be giving up alcohol. Oh no! I love my wine too much to do that! So that won't be happening. Who knows maybe I won't be able to get rid of all junk/unhealthy food in my life but at least I can try. In addition, I would love for anyone to respond with fun healthy recipes or fun fitness activities or whatever! I'm sure my blog will not be entirely devoted to just health oriented topics but obviously is my main objective in making this blog! My real goal is lose about 10 lbs. I feel like I've done pretty well within the last two years of shedding some of that "I got too comfortable in my relationship" weight but I'm not exactly where I want to be quite yet. I'm not unhappy with where I am but I'm not exactly at my goal! I kind of let the weight loss/working out like a maniac take a back seat for the past 6 months because there were a lot of changes in my life but "Rule No. 76, No excuses, play like a champion." So it's time to get back in gear!

Of course I'll also be sharing other exciting details of my day to day! So stay tuned in! Also feel free to yell at me or express words of encouragement if I've been bad ;) Ok ciao for now!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog! I just got into this whole thing myself. Amen to what you were saying about weight and image ... and pretty much all of it. I've got about 10 pounds to shed too, so I'm right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been meaning to tell you also, that i finally got around to trying jillian michaels' 30 day shred and that shiz is HARD! i'm gonna buy it (i was renting it on netflix) so you should for sure borrow it and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever want a running buddy just give me a call! I also started Weight Watchers in May with my cousin. It's helped me lose a few of those "comfortable in my relationship"/"my fiance is an amazing cook" lbs!! Its good for keeping you accountable for what you eat and how much you work out!

    ReplyDelete