Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Proposal!!!!

As follow up to my last post...topping off an already exciting month in April, on Easter day Kris proposed to me! Kris and I had actually just celebrated our 5 year anniversary a few days earlier. We had been talking about getting married for some time and I forewarned Kris that since we had been dating for awhile that I didn't think he could really surprise me. Well I guess he accepted that challenge and won because I was more than surprised when he did propose.

We were at our apartment in Schaumburg getting ready to meet my parents for Easter mass. I was as usually running behind and focused on figuring out what to wear, fixing my hair and make-up...you know, the usual. Meanwhile, I didn't notice Kris pacing the floors. Kris told me that the Easter bunny had brought me a present. He gave me this cute box that he had made and I opened it up to find an Easter egg inside. At first, I thought could it be? But then I shook the egg to hear what could be in it but it sounded like two earrings rattling around. It turned out that it was a pair of diamond earrings. I was really excited about the present and put them on immediately. Then I went about getting ready again.



Getting this gift definitely threw off any thought of us getting engaged on the same day. Well I was wrong about that. A few minutes later Kris said that the Easter bunny had brought me another present. I thought to myself, this must be like a chocolate bunny or some sort of candy. As I went into the hallway to see what it was, I was completely shocked as Kris opened up a small box and got down on his knee. As I realized what was happening, I started balling and I can't tell you what Kris said to me! I was just so overwhelmed and surprised! I believe I just held out my hand, shaking my head yes.

We both called our parents after it happened. My parents and Kris' parents were of course thrilled! Kris had actually asked my father in December and told my mom a few days prior to the proposal. Good thing because less than 24 hrs later she was already telling people! She's not very good at keeping secrets. Not that I blame her, because I wanted to post it on Facebook immediately but had to wait till we could tell our families first!

With all that being said, I'm super excited to be engaged. I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else. He is the love of my life and one of the most giving people I've ever met. We are planning a fall 2012 wedding and I can't wait to dive into all the details once we finalize a venue and church.




No comments:

Post a Comment