Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy 30th Birthday Courtney!!!

This post dedicated to one of my closest friends, Courtney (Moustis) Fragoso!

Today is Courtney's 30th birthday and since I can't be there in person to wish her a happy birthday, I wanted to honor this event by dedicating this post to her.

It's not very often that can people can say that they've known someone their entire life but I can. Way back in the day, Courtney's parents and my parents lived next door to each other in what we sometimes refer to as "G-town" or the old hood. Our parents became close friends and soon after we were both born.
Our families have remained close through the years and her family has alway been like a second family to me. I can't count over the years how much our families have shared together from church trips, to vacations, the annual air show in Chicago, high school dances, mourning losses of family members and celebrating weddings. The list doesn't end.

Courtney and I have also shared so much together on our own. Thinking back to middle school and high school and all the fond memories it brings a smile to my face. I remember Courtney getting ready for her first high school dance. I am a year younger so I wasn't in high school yet but I remember coming over to help her get ready at her house on Dover. Courtney wearing that navy dress (if memory serves me right). I recall trying to help her put on fake nails which I don't think worked out. I'm pretty sure she even ripped her panty hose but luckily her mom had an extra pair. It's weird the little things you remember. I think back to our first prom together and how much fun we had - getting ready together, taking pictures in her back yard. I remember Courtney picking me up for school everyday when she was able to drive. She would always bring me a Starbucks Frappucino but would always be waiting on me, because of course in classic Martini style I was running late!! I remember our first drinks together of sour apple pucker; how we used to love Mike's Hard Lemonade (who didn't??); coming to visit Courtney at ISU her freshman year - we won't go there ;) hehe; our movie nights that included a chick flick and Ben & Jerry's from the 7-11 where the cashier would ask us if were going to watch Lion King; Courtney introducing me to my fiance; me persuading Courtney to tell her now husband that she liked him (i'm taking credit for that!!!); Courtney's call to me when she got engaged; Courtney's wedding and getting to stand beside her as one of her MOH's (maid of honor) and how calm she was that day; and now finally Courtney in her first pregnancy and I get to celebrate being an aunt soon - Auntie Andrea that is!!!!

You really can't sum up a friendship as long and as true as ours on paper or in this case a blog. You never know growing up who is going to be by your side as you get older and what friendships will remain but I can proudly say that I know we will be friends forever. We are going to be two old ladies going to Cubs game together talking about the good ole days! I can't wait!

Cheers to one of my best friends, sweetest friends and truest friends!! I wish you all the love and happiness in the world. I love you and miss you! I'll be seeing you! xoxoxo







1 comment:

  1. hear, hear! happy birthday, courtney! and hooray for friendships that last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete