Sunday, July 28, 2013

Meet Me in St. Louis

Chicago will always be my favorite city but over the years St. Louis has come a close second. Minus the fact that St. Louis is home to the Cards it's a pretty cool town ;) For Kris' birthday we spent some time in St. Louis and visited some of our favorite places and one place that was new to us called Pi...

1. Forest Park: Home to the The Muny (which I still haven't experienced yet but it's on the list), the zoo, the boat house where you can eat or paddle boat, art museum, botanical gardens, and my favorite The Jewel Box, to name a few.  I really wanted to have our reception there but unfortunately it wasn't big enough. With so much to see biking or a run through the park is a great way to enjoy a Saturday morning. On our way out we stopped by The Jewel Box so I could take some photos. 





2. Soulard Farmer's Market: Great place to get some spinach basil homemade pasta, buffalo meat or of course produce. 



My first visit to the market as a kid was of course a sweet treat..




3. The Loop: Home to Blueberry Hill (Chuck Berry's restaurant), Vintage Vinyl, The Pageant, Tivoli Theatre and my new favorite pizza place, Pi. They serve delicious specialty and deep dish pizzas as well as some tasty sangria! 



4. Last stop was to watch fireworks on the river. We done this several times before in a few different spots. My favorite was watching them from the Arch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment