Tuesday, September 13, 2011

End to the blogging hiatus!

After a long hiatus from blogging, I have decided to rededicate myself to blogging. Since writing my last blog, I've worked at Cancer Treatment Centers of America, ran my first 5 mile race, got engaged, and resigned at CTCA due to our recent move to Columbia, MO.

We moved to Columbia about three weeks ago as Kris was accepted into Mizzou's DPT (doctorate of physical therapy) program. I'm so proud of him and all his accomplishments. I know he is going to make a great PT one day!

To back track a little bit on some pretty exciting events...in March, I ran my first 5 mile race at the St. Patrick's Day Race in St. Louis. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed running it. I trained a little bit prior to the run but I hadn't actually ran 5 miles since before Thanksgiving.It was really exhilarating and the weather was perfect. It was about 60 degrees and I had a great running partner, Cathy Morgan. The starting line was right next to Busch Stadium, Home of the St. Louis Cardinals...yes I was in enemy territory but no less sporting my cubs hat like a true cubs fan!

Starting Line

Cathy and Andrea Pre-Race

Andrea and Kris Post-Race
The race was of course followed by some STL bar hopping.

April followed with some pretty exciting events...one being my 28th b'day which was spent with friends in downtown Chi. The day began with running the 5K Race to Wrigley with Kris, Molly, Dan, Cathy and Brandon. Cathy and Brandon made the trek up from STL and it was great to celebrate my b'day with them. My bestie, Molly, made some fine b'day running shorts for me. Awesome!
The race was followed by a wonderful breakfast at my brother Nick and his girlfriend Kate's place. They live about a mile north of Wrigley and made an awesome breakfast for us!
The rest of the day was followed by seeing more friends including Kristin, Ryan, Courtney, Mike, Brittney, Kirk, Kat, Brian, some drinking games and hitting up some bars downtown.
Molly, Andrea, Cathy and Kristin


Kristin and Ryan

2 comments:

  1. You MUST come run the St. Pat's again this year...and drag Molly down too. KC is planning to break out the stroller o' beer again! Miss you bunches. We need to sign up for another race, I need some serious motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as long as my ankle has healed and i can train, i'm in. i <3 running and beer.

    ps - andrea, congrats on the comeback to blogging! we missed you :)

    ReplyDelete