Saturday, February 18, 2012

Super Bowl Cupcakes

This is going to be quick post because I wanted to share my excitement for the cupcakes I made for Super Bowl Sunday. As mentioned in a previous post, I have a resolution to be craftier. Striving to be like Martha Stewart, well not exactly like her but you know what I mean. Over the holiday season, I dabbled into a few DIY projects which I will have to share with you eventually because there is a lot to be said for those projects. For now I'll stick to my most recent crafty endeavor.

Super Bowl Sunday I spent around 2-3 hours making Super Bowl Cupcakes. They turned out much better than I expected so I don't want to deny these cupcakes their 15 minutes. Believe you me, I am no cupcake connoisseur like Molly Antos Morey and Liz Letsky but I do love to bake when occasions allow.

We spent Super Bowl 2012 (or is it considered Super Bowl 2011, hmm??) at the Mitchell's. Sarah and Aaron Mitchell are some of our good friends here in Columbia, MO and it's always a good time with these fun peeps. Knowing that Sarah Mitchell is a big chocolate cake fan, I decided to have fun with the decorations and make chocolate Super Bowl cupcakes. I searched for some ideas and came upon cute cupcakes on the Miss Make Blog. The cupcakes turned out much better than I expected. My only gripe would be that the type of frosting I bought proved more difficult than I anticipated, and created thicker lines than I wanted. Baking deco still a work in progress clearly. Quest to be Martha Stewart still very far out ;) but I'm coming for her.


Candy melts found at Michael's, melted,
piped into goal posts and dried on parchment paper.


Chocolate cupcakes with green colored frosting.



 Cupcakes dipped in green sprinkles as the grass, and piped frosting as the yard lines.
Next time I will be determining a better frosting for
the yard lines or different piping method so they aren't so thick.



Finished product! All edible and not too bad for my first run with candy melts and piping!


3 comments:

  1. those are so flippin' cute, dude. and thanks for the shout-out - you know how i love to make me some cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Andrea! These were very ambitious and they look wonderful! I bet they were delicious - wish I had one right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Molly and Gail!! I am most comfortable in the kitchen baking. While I am getting better and more comfortable cooking, baking is so much funner!!

    ReplyDelete