Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Adventures in the Snow!

What better way to spend a snow day then in the snow? I was a little hesitant seeing as I don't really have the proper snow gear but Kris loves adventures, outdoors and playing in the snow! So I made due with what I had on hand. We decided to make this our workout for the day since we didn't want to chance driving to the gym. 

We begin our journey here...

and the snow is a little deeper than Kris anticipated!

Eh oh well! Onward we go!

Roselle Rd., kind of like ghost town around here, very few cars on the road

Not too deep here but definitely cold out!

I decided to take the lead and show Kris how it's done.
Navigating through the snow is tricky business!

Testing the snow to determine if it's sturdy or not.

Like I said tricky business this snow navigating...

Next we made it to the park for some playground fun...

Don't fall! It was quite slippery on that playground!
That's actually the playground chairs!

It's been awhile since I've been down a playground slide!

King of the Picnic Table??

Ok so we've determined that Kris really loves climbing to the top of things!

King of the Hill! Yes we know!

Golf Road was our trek back and man was that really the workout portion of the adventure.
All in all, we had a really fun time in the snow. There were some snow fights along the way and lots of fun to be had. We were gone for over an hour and my legs are letting me know. What's great about snow is that when you have a snowfall like we did it makes for a really great leg workout. Sledding tomorrow?? We think so!

1 comment:

  1. haha - nice! glad we weren't the only ones doing our workout in the snow :)

    ReplyDelete