Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back to the Grind!

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;
Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.
We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.
Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.
You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.


Yay! Yes, the Bears made it to the playoffs and are now in the NFC championship game against the Packers! I would love if the Bears had another shot at winning the superbowl!


The last time we made it to the superbowl vs. the Colts it didn't end so well but the first 10 seconds of the game were amazing! Ahhh it was a fun game and Molly made some fun t-shirts (see photo below) for us to wear! We may have to make it a tradition if the Bears make it to the superbowl again! Good luck Bears! Photos of Sunday's festivities soon to come...


So it's back to the grind after a fun and not very "fitness" productive holiday season! I've been reminded recently how much I can actually enjoy working out and how addicting it really can become. Whether it's the runners high or the burn you get when doing an intense exercise but persevere through or that next day soreness that oddly feels good. It's simple but I always forgot that the key is actually sticking to a regular workout routine. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. This got me thinking and I did some research because I thought about how easy it ease to lose everything with a short break from a regular workout/training routine. So apparently it takes about 2-3 weeks of complete inactivity to "decondition." This is obviously not black and white. Some people can become completely deconditioned or others will only partially decondition. It really depends on the level of fitness/endurance you were at previous to the break and how long the break was. The moral of the story is that it can take twice as much time to get back what you loss. 

So obviously there are going to be days where things come up and you don't have a lot of time to work well I have two really great short workout routines that are very effective! My first suggestion would be to buy "Personal Training with Jackie: Power Circuit Training". She has a quick and very effective 15 minute Total Body Circuit. I do this on occasion when I don't have a lot of time to workout. My second suggestion would be to do this 8 Minute Workout. I came across this workout via Experience Magazine. I have come to really enjoy this magazine. We get this magazine with our membership to Life Time Fitness. As a side note, I came across this great article called Easier by the Day: 9 Ways Exercise Gets Less Difficult (and More Rewarding) As You Go.

1 comment:

  1. silly bears. too bad :( at least we had a good time!

    ReplyDelete