Thursday, January 6, 2011

Au revoir 2010!! Plus the miracle noodle???

I can't believe it's 2011! Where did the time go? It seems like yesterday I was in high school! You never really realize how short life is. It's funny when I was younger all I wanted to do was grow up and now all I want to do is slow it down. Don't get me wrong I look forward to what life has in store for me but sometimes I wish I could extend my twenties. It's such a fun time. I loved college. I love seeing all my friends get married. I love this road trying to figure out what I want to do. Even though its not always easy and it's taken me a little bit longer I know it will be worth it in the end. Those closest to Kris and I know how difficult 2010 has been for us. Believe me, I know many other people have had it worse so I'm not completely complaining and it really hasn't been all that bad. It's just been a trying year. Lots of changes!!! I am thankful for the extra time that I have been able to spend with Kris and I'm so glad everyday that I have met such a wonderful man. He truly is one of a kind and I can't imagine a life without him! Love you babe!

So New Year's 2010 was a very fun and relaxing evening! This year we were invited to my very close friend, Courtney's house. I have known Courtney since I was born and I'm so grateful that her and her family are still a part of my life. She just celebrated her one year anniversary not too long ago to her husband Mike. I was very honored to be a party of their beautiful wedding in November of 2009. So Kris and I spent the evening bringing in the New Year with lil bro Alex, Courtney and Mike, my good friend Kristin aka Kitty as I will always refer to her, her hilarious fiance Ryan (my boy blue), Chelsea, Janes, and some other friends of Courtney and Mike. There was lots of delicious food and of course bottles of Andre! I have to thank Steve and Liz for introducing us to this yummy, delicious libation. Best $5 I've ever spent! There was of course beer pong and some Kitty hilariousness! We introduced everyone to Pit and it was a huge hit! Warning, Pit cannot be played drunk! It just does not work out well! All in all, 2010 was an ok year but I'm looking forward to many new changes this year and many good things to come in 2011! 

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

Ringing in the new year with Andre!

The Miracle Noodle????

So one of many favorite discoveries in 2010 was finding Shirataki Noodles! They are by far the best find for an Italian girl like myself. I LOVE PASTA! Except it's so loaded with carbs and calories that I always end up feeling so guilty after having a huge plate of them. So Shirataki Noodles are my guilt free pasta. They come wet in a small bag. Each bag is about 40 calories. They are extremely low carb and really take on the taste of whatever sauce you add to them. I think they also come in a fettucine noodle which I haven't tried yet. 

So basically how we cook them is we take two bags of the noodles. We rinse them. Don't be alarmed if you notice a fishy smell as this is common when you open the bag. After rinsing them we boil them for a little bit. You can basically use them however you use regular pasta. The other night we made Shirataki Noodle Marinara with Turkey Meatballs. We usually make a homemade sauce and add our own spices. There is a slight texture difference from regular pasta but it smells pasta and tastes like pasta to me!!! Plus, we always have left overs when we make the two bags. The bags aren't that big when you buy them but believe me they really fill you up and the best part is they're GUILT FREE!!


Shirataki Spaghetti Noodle Marinara with Turkey Meatballs! Yum!

Here is a little info on Shirataki Noodles if you are curious about them. You can find them at an Asian grocery store or if your grocery store does not sell them they are usually in the tofu section. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment