Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Night Pizza and Pajamas!

I'm getting really bad about posting so I'm going to try and rectify that situation next week. Last week, Kris and I decided it had been awhile since we made a homemade pizza so we went out and got all the necessary items. We decided since it was a Friday night at home we were going to be comfortable and we hopped into some pjs and got started!

First, we wanted to do a somewhat healthy pizza so went to Trader Joe's which is one of my favorite places. I wish it was a little closer so I could shop there more often because they have so many amazing products including Snapea Crisps, Pumpkin Butter, Veggie Chips, Butternut Squash Soup, and many more delicious items. At any rate, we picked up their Trader Giotto's Ready to Bake Whole Wheat Pizza (makes roughly a large pizza) and did I mention it's only $1!! Definitely worth the convenience of not having to make your own. We also picked up some Trader Giotto's Fat-Free Pizza Sauce which is only 40 calories per quarter cup and "Chef Kristoph" added his own spices! We also decided to add a bunch of yummy vegetables including green peppers, onions (on Kris' side), mushrooms (on my side), basil, turkey pepperoni (only 70 calories per 17 slices), and lastly low-fat mixed shredded cheese. Posted the recipe below.




It was really fun having our Friday night pizza extravaganza! Turns out even with Italian in my blood I'm not very good at tossing pizza. Kris on the other hand, Mr. Jack of All Trades, is very good at it.



Kris is a natural...

...me not so much
I think I was scared of dropping it
Ok show off!
Almost ready to bake!

Dretopher's Friday Night Homemade Pizza Recipe:

1 package of Trader Giotto's Ready to Bake Whole Wheat Pizza Dough, rolled out to size of large pizza
1/4-1/2 cup of Trader Giotto's Fat Free Pizza Sauce
1 cup - 1 1/2 cups low-fat shredded cheese
Pizza toppings as desired (these are the ones we used)...
Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (17 slices)
Green Peppers
Basil
Mushrooms
Onions
Black Olives

Directions:
Let dough sit at room temp for about 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then begin rolling out dough. Use flour liberally and roll out pizza dough to desired size. Note that the dough rises up really well. So you can roll it out pretty thin. Then place on pizza pan.

Top with pizza sauce, then cheese, then desired toppings. Bake 10-12 minutes and then as we say in my family, Manga!

Dretopher's Friday Night Homemade Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment